What will I be making?
You be making your own version of the game Flappy Bird (or another side-scrolling game if you want!). You can play the example below.
Where can I find various the skills in the video?
- Use a sprite sheet to create sprites of well-known characters. (0:43)
- Upload sprites and backgrounds from a file. (13:18)
- Create a scrolling effect. (14:21)
- Make a realistic gravity effect. (26:23)
- Have your sprite point in the direction they are moving. (30:43)
- Make obstacles (in this case the pipes) that vary in size and location. (32:52)
- Use the clone block. (36:34)
- End the game. (41:28)
- Keep score. (44:15)
- Change the presentation of the variable. (48:50)