What will I be making?
In this challenge you will make a game in which the user controls his or her sprite to avoid an enemy and complete an objective. Click the green flag below to try my version.
- Arrow keys to control your spaceship
- Space bar shoots
- Use the A key and S key to rotate your spaceship
What will I be learning? Where can I find it in the video below
- How to grow and shrink your sprite (1:12)
- Use the arrow keys to make your sprite move (1:38)
- Create a shooting effect (4:38)
- Learn the difference between moving your sprite using steps and controlling it on the XY axis (7:19)
- Copy scripts to anther Sprite (12:42)
- Have a sprite move in a random direction around the screen (13:45)
- End your game if a sprite touches something you don’t want it to (17:04)
- Use a variable to keep score (19:24)
- Add sound to your game (20:53)